Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Why you shouldn't see any of the the new animated movies? Spoilers, its because of Frozen



What an abysmal year that was! 2013, you were awful. It was pretty bad. Video games, Music, Animated movies, those were all bad last year. It seems like the only real technically "new" things in the realm of gaming were Papers Please, and Gone Home. Two games which I may cover sometime in the future.





And I just have to turn on the radio to remind myself of the crap that Lady Gaga, and Miley Cyrus have been up to. Heck I can even go online for that. Gosh why am I even talking about them? Yeah I'm never going to mention them again after this post.


Why are you two so weird?

And don't get me started on the animated movies.

Planes was awful. They thought this was worth releasing in theaters instead of direct to video? Who is in charge of things over at Pixar again?



Can this even be called a movie? This is just disgraceful. They rewrote the script how many times? Man if they had to do that why not just not release the movie?



It's Cars, but with a snail, and guess what? No one really liked Cars.



Now I'm not saying it is all bad, in fact when it was good this year, it was really good.


I agree Macklemore, this is awesome.

There were other "good" animated movies, but apparently making "good" animated movies was very hard last year.


Monsters U had the potential to be amazing, but it felt a bit like it was wasted because, the best parts were toward the end of the movie.


They original Despicable Me was a great first movie from the rather new Illumination entertainment. But while the original was a really good movie, the sequel suffers a little by throwing out the single dad plot line, as well as bit a tad unintentionally racist against Mexicans.

He was still pretty awesome though.

So yeah last year was bad, and you know what? That's why I like Frozen so much. I was like a breath of fresh air after wearing a gas mask for a year, with only one or two breaks.



Some would say that it's the only reason that I like Frozen, but it's not. There really is lots to like about this movie. Its got strong, well written characters. Fantastic songs, arguably some of the best to come out of Disney in a long time. It's funny and insightful, and has a great message.

Hooray for Sisterhood.

So yeah I think it really is one of the best animated movies of last year, and is still doing strong to this day. They've even made a sing along version, which does kinda feel like they're milking Frozen for all it's worth. But I'm probably going to go and see that, so people won't give me the look of death every time I sing a song from Frozen in public.


But it this sing along version actually looks kind of ridicules from all the videos. Then again I haven't gone to it so I wouldn't really know what it's like.

A snow flake? Really?

The only reason I can't say that Frozen the BEST animated movie of the year is because I have yet to see the recent Studio Ghibli movie, as well as some of the other foreign animated movies. Because as well all know Studio Ghibli can pretty much do no wrong.



With all this being said, if you haven't seen Frozen yet do yourself a favor and see it. If your planing on seeing another animated movie, take the money you were going to spend on that and see Frozen. If you have seen Frozen go and see it again. Just see this movie. If you don't like it, I give you permission to punch me in the face next time you see me. Just go and see the dang movie already.


Or else Olaf will be sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment